The Role You'll Play
- Build and establish a collaborative partnership with onsite community teams, portfolio leadership and the corporate teams to help nurture and enrich the company culture and its Guiding Principles and Mission.
- Analyze sub-market trends and results to develop a strategic marketing and advertising plan designed to drive qualified sales and leads that link to the business strategy and plan. Negotiate pricing when necessary for new advertising and lead generation avenues.
- Strategically identify and vet beneficial partnerships that will support the company mission and vision while promoting community lifestyles and overall investment strategy required to strengthen the overall performance
- Partner with operational and investment teams in development of budgetary numbers, guidelines, best practices and expected results as it relates to all aspects of marketing, sales, curb appeal and collateral at the community and portfolio level.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of advertising, sales messaging, websites and collateral materials for accuracy and relevance as it relates to verbiage, messaging, brand identification, creativity, contact information and results.
- Partner with the social media and website teams to assess online presence, image, reputation, ratings and brand consistency as it relates to the overall customer experience and brand message. Strategize and recommend enhancements, campaigns and solutions to improve overall results and customer experience. Understand and proactively manage effectiveness of lead generation and advertising platforms to drive qualified sales leads Provide to communities and portfolio leadership all guidance, recommendations and reporting related to results and effectiveness.
- Act as a resource and support to community teams and portfolio leadership. Provide guidance on resident retention, programs and platforms related to advertising and lead generation tools necessary to drive results at the community or portfolio level.
- Oversee the management and execution of marketing strategies and programs that support the achievement of the portfolio’s performance goals by creating and implementing action plans around leasing and marketing.
Be knowledgeable about competitive communities, market shifts, employment trends, sub-market changes, new product development or renovation, primary businesses, market trends and differentiators that may impact asset value or performance. Be adept at discussing and understanding communities in the area, pricing, product, promotion and their customer demographic and employment base.
Evaluate and understand advertising on a cost per lead and cost per move in basis. Navigate accordingly the entry and/or exit into that specific advertising space. Make recommendations regarding the completion of effective outreach marketing, on-site curb appeal, resident functions, advertising campaigns, and resident retention efforts through building positive awareness about the property within the local neighborhood and community.
- Perform due diligence on proposed purchases. This includes review of in place marketing, brand identification, curb appeal and advertising platforms. Make recommendations related to market placement, strength or opportunities of future improvements after purchase.
- Assist and support Branding, Design and Investment teams in creating and maintaining brand identification, marketing collateral, product enhancements and overall design that provides a consistency with the brand and customer base identified in the business strategy and plan for the investment.
- Participate in driving sales at the community through review of shopping report scores, interviews with leasing and sales candidates, random shadowing of the sales consultant, inspection of models or show units and providing recommendations related to promotional collateral.
- Identify a specific marketing tour path at each community designed to engage the customer and amplify the customer experience during their on-site visits. Document the tour path and train accordingly.
- Collaborate with support functions as it relates to quality control, training, operational performance and the construction and communication needs of the community.
Your Building Blocks of Success
- Passion for driving engagement and success initiatives for associates, communities and the company
- Excellent customer service skills while maintaining the highest standards of professionalism.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in development of strategic sales campaigns and marketing initiatives
- Computer skills including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and database management programs; general software knowledge including: Outlook, Excel, Word, and the Real Page product suite
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, bend, walk and climb stairs
- Travel required; up to 50%.
- Ability to work long hours and some weekends
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to multi-task while having the ability to work independently within identified parameters.
- Must be collaborative and have the ability to work with multiple departments and functions within the organization
Required Knowledge and Experience
- College degree preferred
- A minimum of five years of sales/marketing experience with proven results related to increased sales, lead generation and revenues.
- Industry experience, preferably senior living
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for over 100,000 residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities in ten states and regional offices in Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Houston, and Orlando. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland Partners is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please email email@example.com or call 404.965.3988.
Cortland Partners is a drug-free workplace.
Cortland Partners participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of
all persons hired to work in the United States.